The cost is $149 ($99 for students) and this full-day event includes lunch and workshop materials, plus a $50 coupon off any Sennheiser product.
To register, go to http://conta.cc/2FYy8po
*Students must contact Tania.Pampena@sennheiser.com
The Sennheiser RF Seminar teaches how to plan for trouble-free operation in the toughest environments. Attendees will learn how to use multi-channel wireless microphones and wireless monitoring systems, or enhance their existing knowledge of these complex RF systems. The RF seminar features classroom instruction on the following:
1) Waves & Frequencies
- Mechanical waves vs. Electro-Magnetic waves
- RF wave propagation characteristics of various ranges.
3) Frequency Selection & Frequency Coordination
- Best practices
- Software and on-line resources
4) System Configuration
- Mic capsule choice
- Lav mic placement and dressing
- Testing your set-up
- Best practices for operation
- Types and placement
- Distribution systems
- Combining systems
- Multi-zone configurations
6) In-Ear Monitoring (IEM)
- Mono vs. stereo operations
- Focus mode and engineering mode options
7) Computer Monitoring, Control & Networking
- Auto frequency scans
- RF recording and spectrum analysis tools
8) New Digital Technology
- Comparison to traditional analog FM systems • Latency and field strength considerations, CNR
- Self-adjusting antenna booster technology
9) FCC Update
- Licensed vs. unlicensed operation
- Future spectrum re-allocation topics
10) Plus: New rules of thumb for the next decade
David Missall is an expert in the field of RF wireless technology. As Manager of Customer Development & Application Engineering for the Americas, David consults prominent news and sports broadcasters, theaters and live music stages on multi-channel wireless installations and events, system design, frequency coordination and microphone application. Among others, David has provided wireless solutions and troubleshooting support for CNN, ESPN, NBC Studios NYC, Fox Sports, Speed Channel Univision, Televisa, WWE and Turner Sports. David is a member of the Sennheiser Global RF Expert program, which is a company-wide network of Sennheiser RF application engineers that support customers throughout the world. An over 25-year veteran of the professional audio industry, David has worked on various film and TV productions as technical advisor for audio and RF design.
Michel is a graduated electronic technician (DEC) with over 30 years of experience in the professional audio industry. His fields of competences include stage & live events, installed sound, broadcast applications and audio recording studios. During is career, he has worked as a field service technician, service manager, product manager and technical consultant. He joined Sennheiser Canada in 2001, and since 2003, his primary functions are dedicated to RF applications. He has followed several factory trainings and has gained a lot of experience by designing several large-scale RF systems, including RF coordination in many parts of the world for Cirque du Soleil, Céline Dion, Franco Dragone and IBM amongst others.
Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
The Grand Hotel
225 Jarvis Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2C1, Canada
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.